Come along with me as I transform my country house into a home my family and I will enjoy for the rest of my life....


Sunday, April 18, 2010

RAIN....RAIN.....GIVE ME A BREAK....I NEED TO PLANT TODAY!!

We woke this morning to clouds and mist.  And I sooooo want to plant today.  My garden is thriving because of the rain.  The plants and trees on the back porch are surviving on well water....better than city water....but not the same as good old rain water.

Notice the peach tree on the back porch. It has 3 peaches on it!! Amazing.  I'm not sure if they will mature because even though dwarf fruit trees do mature and produce faster than regular trees, I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to produce fruit the first year.  We'll see! 

Do you see why I am so ready to get these flowers and veggies planted?  Notice the squash plant....twice as big as when I bought it.  And the antique petunias are beautiful.  I have a spaghum moss hanging basket for these.  Does anyone know what kind of flowers are beside them....they are going to really complement the petunias because they will flow nicely over the side.  Finally, I will add sweet potato vine to the hanging basket.  It will literally touch the ground before summer is over, and it is bright light green.

My best buy has to be the two grape vines seen in this picture.  They were reduced from $10 to $1 each because they really looked dead.  Not dead!  They are looking great!

I'm still looking for the sun  --  mist and 58 chilly degrees is not what I was looking for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment