Come along with me as I transform my country house into a home my family and I will enjoy for the rest of my life....


Thursday, April 22, 2010

MY "NEW" DINING ROOM FURNITURE -- PRICELESS!!

I have shopped and shopped for the perfect dining room furniture.  Everything I find is extremely expensive or not fitting for my high ceilings....textured walls....and ornate doors leading out to the front porch.  Tuscan, Old World lends itself to bold, massive furniture with metal accents...I thought.

I found a few suites I liked...either they were extremely expensive, the buffet did not fit in the 66" opening on my shorter wall, or the buffet was exquisite with an ultra-disappointing china cabinet.


Sooooo....My sister just bought a home that does not have a dining room. Honestly, times have changed and there are more and more homes that feel like their square footage is better utilized without a formal area. My sister's home is awesome...Texas Hill Country....gated community....but no dining room.

"Yes, Little Sister, I will store your furniture for you....

Well, here it is, and it looks pretty good in my dining room!

I do want to explain that these 8' doors are not the entry doors.  I designed my house to have a medium-sized dining room that would open up to the expansive front porch when entertaining.  The purpose is to better utilize the front porch by being a part of my home's living area....genius....right?? :-)


Soooooo....Why you understand now why my furniture is new and priceless?

It is my SISTER'S!!!!

And it looks great!  No more dining room stress for a while....Now we can move on to another room.

Now we have to decorate!!!!

Soon.......

We aren't going to tell her that the trip in the gooseneck trailer took its toll.  She should know that traveling in a real livestock trailer is going to result in cow manure to be stuck to the bottom of her ivory silk-covered dining chairs and a few bumps and bruises elsewhere. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment