Come along with me as I transform my country house into a home my family and I will enjoy for the rest of my life....


Sunday, April 25, 2010

PLANTING MY PATIO FLOWERS...FURNITURE ASSEMBLY TOMORROW!

After several trips to the nursery, I about have my patio plantings finished.  This hanging pot is my favorite....my first spaghum moss basket and I think it turned out pretty good.

The basket is planted primarily with geraniums and sweet potato vine.  I love the vine because it falls over the edge of the basket and will grow to the ground.  The geraniums are bubble gum pink and in the middle is a spiky grass.

Here is my favorite planter.  I bought this frog several years ago and he always wears an heirloom daylilly...it will eventually look like he has big hair and a bow!

Frog is talavera pottery made deep in Mexico.  Because we live close to the Mexican border, we had easy access to pottery.  Now, with the drug cartels wrecking havoc in Mexico, no talavera is coming out of Mexico.  The trip, 22 hours from the Texas-Mexico border, is just not worth the risk.


And here are my tried-and-true red geraniums.  I have several of these pots for my porch and the brilliant red is the first thing people see when they drive up.

  These talavera pots have antique petunias....a petunia I have never raised before....but they are gorgeous.  The other flowers are a cascading flower that are very dainty and go well with these petunias.

This wall will also have a hanging metal hose hanger.  Hopefully tomorrow while we are assembling the patio furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment