Come along with me as I transform my country house into a home my family and I will enjoy for the rest of my life....


Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'VE FOUND MY PERGOLA!

I have looked and looked for a pergola that will go outside my master bedroom door.  I finally found it!  However, I'm not sure where I find 10' rough timbers.  Most of the pergolas are an intricate criss-cross of thin lumber.  This does NOT fit into the construction of my home....I need something massive that I can make look like it's been there forever.  Here it is!  This is amazing!  Lowe's carries inexpensive columns.....I will stain them and wipe them off to give an antique look.  Notice that the crossbeams have a high gloss look...not really ancient looking, but necessary so that the pergola retains this elegant look.  Otherwise, the timbers will become dull...I don't think I want that. 
I have the patio stones to match the cut stones on the side of my house...so that is what I will put under this pergola....Oh! and what about a water feature?  I have that too....still in the box 3 years after I bought it....and I think it will take the same stain the columns have....

I don't think I'm going to mention the fireplace in the background.  We'll just have to step back into the bedroom to enjoy a roaring fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment