Come along with me as I transform my country house into a home my family and I will enjoy for the rest of my life....


Friday, May 14, 2010

THE CANDY CORN AND BLACKEYED PEAS HAVE "BROKEN THROUGH"


Not only do I have 18" sweet corn stalks, I now have 4" candy corn stalks and the blackeyed peas have poked their little green heads out of the ground in the garden.  PLUS, I planted an experimental crop of candy corn and blackeyed peas in my 10-acre wheat field.  The field crops will depend solely on rainfall....we planted this crop right in time for the forecasted rains....that have yet to come.  Maybe tonight. 

Then there is the field.  It has been planted with wheat; however, it now has corn and blackeyed peas at the end.  We marked our rows with piles of rock...so we can find the produce amongst the cow feed. 

Pray for Rain....no tornados....and no hail....

No comments:

Post a Comment